With the rise of mobile and social technologies, customers are now more powerful than ever. Their always-connected status and ability to find information in seconds puts them in control of their own experience, and this trend has forced businesses of all sizes to rethink how they engage and connect with their customers. We now need to engage in meaningful, ongoing relationships that involve frequent online and real-world interactions.
Customer engagement starts by understanding customer behavior. Intelligence plays a critical role in understanding and dissecting massive amounts of data to recognize patterns of sentiment and behavior across our customer based. The roadmap for digital-first business translates into these key priorities:
- Build the infrastructure to enable customer engagement, such as telemetry, a 360-degree view of the customer, and modern commerce systems.
- Drive viral find, try and buy opportunities that help cross-sell and upsell, and build these capabilities into our product services.
- Ensure core services are API-enabled to allow simpler integration.
Some business benefits include:
- Getting better insights
- Implement compliance
- Enhance customer experience
- Increase collaboration
- Raise customer satisfaction
- Reduce operating costs
- Better serve customers
- Improve business insights
- Increase sales
- Boost upsell/cross-sell
- Improve market/wallet share
- Reduce customer churn