This policy applies to Enkaytech, Inc. and its affiliated companies (collectively “Enkaytech”).
Enkaytech understands that your privacy is important to you and is committed to safeguarding the confidentiality and privacy of personal information entrusted to it.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect information about you if:
- you enquire about, or engage Enkaytech to provide, its Services (either in a personal capacity, or as a representative for your employer or client);
- the use of your personal information is reasonably necessary to provide our Services (in these circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to us by our client who may, for example, be your employer or service provider, or we may obtain your personal information from a range of public or subscription sources, directly from you, or from your associates or persons known to you);
- you apply for a position with Enkaytech;
- you attend an Enkaytech hosted or sponsored event or webinar;
- you contact us with any other inquiry, complaint or notice.
What types of personal information are collected and what do we use it for?
The following is a summary of the types of personal information we collect, and the purposes for which that information is used.
Enkaytech collects your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and any other personally-identifiable information which you voluntarily provide as “comments” when you submit an inquiry through the “Contact Us” tool. Enkaytech also collects other background information about you in connection with career-related inquiries that you submit through its website.
Enkaytech’s Former, Current and Prospective Clients
If you submit an inquiry to Enkaytech about our Services (either over the website, or by emailing, telephoning or meeting with one of our colleagues), then we will process information such as your name, job title and contact information in order to respond to your inquiry.
If you attend an Enkaytech event or webinar, or if you associate with an Enkaytech colleague at, for example, an industry event, then Enkaytech may collect basic personal information, such as contact details, which you voluntarily provide (for example, by filling in a form or handing over a business card) in order to facilitate your participation in the event, and for the management of our relationship with you as an actual or prospective client.
If you or the organization you are associated with becomes an Enkaytech client, then we may process your personal information in order to:
- carry out “Know Your Client” checks and screening prior to starting a new engagement (as well as basic contact information, this may mean processing compliance related information such as proof of your identity, information about your professional background, history of directorships and, in some circumstance, details of any criminal convictions or adverse media coverage);
- carry out background checks for the purposes of complying with anti-money laundering and terrorist financing laws;
- carry out client communication, service, billing and administration;
- deal with client complaints; and
- administer claims.
- Taking account of applicable marketing laws, we also process personal information about our clients (former, current and prospective) in order to:
- send our clients newsletters, know-how, promotional material and other marketing communications;
- invite our clients to events (and arrange and administer those events).
Performing Services for Our Clients
As discussed above, many of our Services involve the processing of personal information. In the majority of cases, personal information is provided to us in strict confidence, subject to restrictive undertakings on its use / disclosure.
If you apply for a position with Enkaytech, we will need to collect personal information in order to consider your application, and during any interview and assessment phase.
Finally, if you contact us for any other reason, we will collect basic contact details, as well as any other personal information relevant to the reason for your inquiry, in order to resolve that inquiry.
What is our legal basis for collecting personal information?
All processing (i.e. use) of your personal information is justified by a “lawful basis” for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps (at your request) to enter into a contract (e.g. where you request certain Services as an individual client, or where we help advise your employer or service provider on fulfilling an obligation to you under a contract);
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation (e.g. where we are required to collect certain information about our clients for tax or accounting purposes, or where we are required to make disclosures to courts or regulators); or
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest (e.g. background checks for anti-money laundering and terrorist financing purposes); or
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, subject to due consideration for your interests and fundamental rights (this is the basis we rely upon for the majority of the processing of personal information in connection with the provision of our Services, and also for the purposes of most client on-boarding, administration and relationship management activities).
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Enkaytech may also disclose your personal information for the purposes of:
- responding to requests from law enforcement agencies, regulators or courts, or to subpoenas, search warrants, or other legal requests;
- the prevention and/or detection of crime;
- establishing legal rights or to investigate or pursue legal claims;
- a merger, acquisition or corporate restructuring to which Enkaytech is subject;
- preventing risk of harm to an individual.
Enkaytech has reasonable technical safeguards, security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Measures we take include placing confidentiality requirements on our staff members and service providers, limiting access to your personal information on a “need to know” basis, and providing training to appropriate Enkaytech personnel. We also maintain comprehensive policies addressing data incident response protocols.
Despite Enkaytech’s best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats.
Retention of your personal information
Enkaytech retains your personal information for the period of time required for the purposes for which it was collected, any compatible purposes which we subsequently establish, or any new purposes to which you subsequently consent, or to comply with legal, regulatory and Enkaytech policy requirements. This period of time will usually be the period of your, or the relevant client’s, relationship or contract with Enkaytech plus a period reflecting the length of time for which legal claims may be made following the termination of such relationship or contract. Some information (such as call recordings, tax records and certain information required to demonstrate regulatory compliance) may need to be kept for longer. Personal information will be kept for a shorter or longer period of time if so required by law or an Enkaytech policy, if the information becomes subject to a legal hold (for example, following a communication from our regulator) or if we have identified through a data protection impact assessment that a different retention period is appropriate.
Enkaytech may send you information related to its services, products and events that we believe are of interest to you. This information may be sent by post or via email. If at any point you no longer prefer to receive marketing communications from Enkaytech you can (i) unsubscribe from Enkaytech communications sent by email using a link provided in marketing emails sent from Enkaytech; or (ii) contact us to exercise your right to prevent all forms of marketing (both post and email).
Changes to this Policy
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy or Enkaytech’s personal data processing policies, please contact Enkaytech at: firstname.lastname@example.org